Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Poopy Diaper Indeed!

Payton has begun the potty training process. Most of the time she tells us as she is in the act making it pointless to take her in and sit her on the potty. However, at least she understands when she has gone.

So my first day with both kidlets on my own. I had just sat down and just started nursing Lincoln when Payton runs up yelling "Potty! Potty!". I thought, really...right now? So I told her that I couldn't get up right then but that if she thought she could do it by herself she could go in and try to use the potty. So she went running into the next room. The next thing I know she is walking back into the living room with her pants down around her ankles, a clean diaper in one hand, and in the other hand she is hanging onto the diaper she was wearing but that is now resting on the pants around her ankles with a huge poopy in it. As calmly as I could I asked her to come over to me and I took the dirty diaper from her. As I breathed a sigh of relief that the poopy didn't fall onto the floor I asked her if she could bring me the wipes too. After two unsuccessful trips to the bedroom I decided I had better just get up and get them myself before she sat down somewhere.

Potty training is definately going to be an experience.

1 comment:

McKell&Janeene said...

Oh that is such a cute story though! Good luck, I will need lots of tips... :)