Thursday, February 4, 2010

Recovering...

If you would have asked me the week after I had Lincoln if I would have preferred a c-section to a vaginal delivery I would have said "C-SECTION!!!!". Yikes!

I have to admit the recovery on the two deliveries is totally different. Having experienced both I can say that I handle certain recoveries better than others. :o) Even though the c-section recovery is longer I think I prefer the abdominal healing to the recovery I have experienced to my nether regions with this last delivery. Ouch! My doctor has told me that the recovery with each vaginal delivery gets easier and easier where the recovery of a c-section doesn't.

I do admit that I am feeling really good. In week two I noticed the most improvement. It couldn't have come at a better time. I remember gingerly sitting down and having Dave hand me little Lincoln to nurse and me just bawling from being in so much pain. (Side note: the drugs are much better with a c-section) The very next day was the day I started feeling better.

I do have to admit that even though labor really bites and the recovery isn't the most ideal, experiencing the birth of a baby is amazing. I can not believe what our bodies can do. I have watched my sister and a friend of mine give birth and I was in awe. If you would have told me that I would have been able to deliver a 10 pound baby I would have laughed in your face. I am truely grateful for the experience...and the epidural. ;O)

1 comment:

Sam and Stacia said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better. It is amazing to me how a little human can fit inside your belly and then everything returns to normal (hopefully) after they come out!