Friday, October 14, 2011

Halloweeny Play Date

This week was my week to host the Gilroy Play Date.  Yay!

I knew I wanted to do something Halloweeny.  A craft. A game. Something...  So this is what I came up with.

I printed of a few Halloween pictures and had them out for the kids to color if they wanted to.

Ring Around the Pumpkin.  I was looked up Halloween Games online and found one where you set out pumpkins at different distances and then have kids try to ring them with hula hoops.  Didn't really know how the kids would like it but thought, "What the hay?  Let's give it a try."  Lincoln decided the hula hoops were to big and decided to use some inflatable water toy rings.  Ha! Ha!  It was cute.



After the kids were done playing the game (eh 5 minutes later...), the mommies decided to demonstrate/teach the kids to hula hoop.  See our skills.  :o)



After lunch we decorated cupcakes.  I am so glad Dave suggested doing this outside.  Let's just say that the outside kitty had some cupcake too.  Hee!  Hee!  Lincoln has a cold and got upset by something right before I started taking pictures.  He had the double snot bubbles going and tears running down his face.  Poor guy.



No comments: