Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Why do I even try?

I have been on the hunt for kids clothes lately.  Both Payton and Lincoln seem to have gone through a growth spurt.  This used to be really fun for me but now both of my children are extremely picky about what they wear.

Lincoln is intent on wearing his Pj's all day and it is a major battle every morning to get him into clothes.  So I have resigned to finding shirts with monsters, dinosaurs, car, etc. on them so he will think they are more exciting than his Pj's.

Payton on the other hand refuses to wear anything but a dress.  Can't even pull off a skirt and shirt combo.  No amount of convincing will change her mind on this.  So there is my mission finding cute dresses for Payton that she can wear to play in .

I feel like I have been successful in finding some really cute things.  I even hunted down some cute shoes to accessorize perfectly.  I showed them to Payton and she was super excited about them.  So why when I told her to go get her shoe did she come out like this? 


 At least the socks matched, right?  Ha!  Ha!

Today was my sister's birthday.  Happy Birthday Jen! 

We all met up at Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  Yummy!  If you haven't checked out their new skinnylicious menu you should definitely take a look.  I had a very tasty Turkey, Bacon, Avocado Sandwich.  :o)

I think we all had a good time.  Payton and Caeden are always so excited to see each other.  They are so cute running towards each other yelling each others name.  Ha! Ha!  Lincoln was having a great time will Julian.  I am not totally sure what they were doing but Lincoln was laughing the entire time.  I love to hear him laugh.



I made Jen a cake.  Do you have any idea how stressful it is to make a cake for a professional cake maker?  It was a lemon cake with lemon drizzle and raspberries and blueberries.  It was pretty yummy if I do say so myself. 

1 comment:

Britney said...

Your kids are adorable...no matter what they wear!

Happy birthday Jen! I can't even imagine having her job! Impressive.