Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Feast


Today was the Thanksgiving Feast at Almaden Country School.  Payton was so excited because her "Big Buddy", Morgan, would be coming to class, taking her to the feast, helping her get her food, and then sitting with her to eat. 

I guess they did some crafts too because she came home with this fancy head dress, necklace, and a place mat.  I love ACS!  Payton is having so much fun and is doing so well.  Her teacher always has good things to say about her.  We are so proud of her.



Tonight we left for Truckee.  We planned on leaving at 7 and as usual we left right on time...at 9 o'clock.  Haha!  I wish I would have taken a picture of the cars, they were packed to the max.  We had to put the kids in and pack around them.  :o) 

I think we would have made it up here with a lot less stuff if we would have just done our grocery shopping in Truckee but after talking it over, my mom and I decided that instead of facing the craziness of everyone doing last minute grocery shopping we would do it early and take everything up with us.  We had so much food.  I hope we eat it all...or do I?   Haha!

We squeezed everyone into two cars for the trip.  We hadn't even been on the road a hour when we got the message that Caeden threw up in my parent's car and that they were at a gas station in the most disgusting bathroom ever trying to clean her and the car up.  Eeewww.  Poor Caeden ended up throwing up a total of five times on the way up to Truckee.  At one of the gas stations they stopped at the attendant actually charged my mom 25 cents for a bag.  :o/

I hope she feels better soon and isn't sick our whole time in Truckee.

No comments: