Saturday, July 20, 2013

Chores, Play, and Soccer


The kids actually volunteered to do chores today.  What!?!?!?!  When does that happen?  They started with helping mow the lawn, then moved inside and helped me dust, vacuum, and wash windows.  All to earn some stickers.  Love it!


Since they were so helpful, we set up the water toys out in the front yard so they could play while Dave and I worked in the garage. 


Then off to soccer!

From the pictures it looks as though Payton is REALLY into it.  Boy, do I wish that were the case.  We decided to move her to the 4 and 5 year old class instead of the 5 and 6 year old class because she was crying at the drop of a hat, and that was just during the skill building games.  Dave thinks we need to get her into more competitive things.  I just hope she starts to enjoy it, she was so excited to try it in the beginning.


Lincoln on the other hand is LOVING it.  I think it is partly his personality but I also think it is because he has a friend in the class with him.  Maybe we just need to make sure Payton meets the kids in her class.


 
While Lincoln was in class, Payton was hanging out with Dave and asked if she could take some pictures.  I just happened to turn and she her taking pictures of Lincoln playing on the big camera.  She is so cute, and actually got some really nice shots.
 


No comments: