Thursday, July 4, 2013

Fourth of July

We decided the Fourth of July needed to a more laid back day because of going to Disneyland yesterday.  Here are a few highlights from the day.

Pretty Pretty Princess.  I am not sure who brought this game but it was a popular game amongst all the kids...and Preston. 

There was one point this morning when I remember hearing Ethan crying from the bedroom.  When Jen went back to check on him I heard him cry, "I want to play Pretty Pretty Princess but Lincoln won't let me."  I had to try really hard to stifle my giggles.  :o)


Michelle brought this cute little romper to give to us for Austin to wear.  I guess this little outfit belonged to Dave when he was a wee one.  He had his one year old pictures taken in it.  So cute!  I would love to see the picture of Dave in the romper. 

 
It was evident when Michelle and I went for our walk in the morning that going to hang out on the beach was going to be a bad idea.  It looked like people had camped out all night to reserve their spots.  It was crazy how many people were out so early in the morning.  Fortunately, there is a pool at the condo that we can hang out and swim in.
 
After the pool and before dinner these planes flew back and forth right over the condo.  It was cool to watch them in such a tight formation.

 
After, dinner we decided to take a stroll down to the beach, just to see what was going on.  Payton spotted the cotton candy stand right away and asked if she could get some.  She was so funny and wanted to do all the talking and money giving.


After just a little while on the beach we decided to head back up the hill and head to the frozen yogurt place again.You can't have the Forth of July without ice cream.

 
 
The firework show was awesome.  I watched it from the balcony of the condo and enjoyed it a bunch.
 

What a great day!

No comments: