Thursday, January 30, 2014

Being Healthy

We had a lot of fun today.  My mom came up to spend the day with us.  We had the intention of talking food storage options and ended up spending the whole day outside.  Whoops!

On Thursdays the parents of the students in Payton's class have a standing play date at the park behind the school.  We haven't been able to go lately because of vacation, illness, weather, etc. but today we decided to go for a little while...or 2 hours.  Haha!  The kids were having a great time, they played on this spinning thing for the majority of the time performing "tricks" for us.  So cute!


As we were leaving the park the kids reminded me that I had told them that we could go on the walking trail near Payton's school with my mom today.  I totally forgot,  so I told them that we could go for a little while.  Two miles later... 

The trail has little stretching/exercise stations along it and the kids had fun looking for each one and trying out the exercises.  Once we got out on the trail about a mile out the kids started complaining about be tired so mom tried to mix it up on the way back to the car by having them walk in different ways including playing leap frog with her.  Haha!


Dinner was an experiment this evening.  I tried out a new recipe, Quinoa Patties.  I was pretty much proud of myself for even trying to make the recipe.  They ended up being little bland.  OK a lot bland.  Haha!  I just need to figure out a way to make them have a little bit of zing.  Tonight I added mustard.  I will have to figure out what to try next time.

Go Healthy Habits Challenge!

No comments: