Monday, January 27, 2014

Night Terrors?!?!


Little Austin has been through quite a bit in the last week.  Last week, each night he would spike high fevers 102.6, 103, even 103.8.  The doctor said Roseola.  Friday morning his fever broke and we appeared to be home free.  He was a little irritable but I thought it was understandable given the high fevers and all.

Saturday night it began.  The crying.  The screaming.  I felt so bad because I guess I slept through an hour and a half of screaming while Dave tackled it alone.  The funny thing is that I was dreaming that he was crying and I was getting really annoyed in my dream.  Haha!  It lasted for 5 hours.  We tried everything even bringing him into bed with us, which we NEVER do.  Nothing helped.

Sunday he was ouchy all day and didn't take a nap.  We were hopeful that he was so worn out the he would just sleep Sunday night but that was not the case.  It was a replay of Saturday night all over again.  I was ready to take him to the ER.

So this morning I made an appointment with the doctor thinking he had to have an ear infection or something that would explain this odd behavior. 

The doctor couldn't find anything.  No ear infection.  Nothing.  I wanted to cry. 

She seemed to think that he may be having night terrors.  I thought, for 5 hours straight?!?!?  How horrible.  I am not sure I am on board with him having night terrors but I don't know what else it could be.  I am just hoping that we do not have another replay

No comments: