Thursday, January 23, 2014

Painting, Popcorn, and Making a Book

Boy oh Boy, today was a full day.  After I got Payton and Lincoln off to school I took our little Austin to the doctor.  He has had really high temperatures every night since Monday, the highest being 103.8.  Last night he was up several times crying,  I felt so bad for the little guy.  Anyway, the final diagnosis is Roseola.  Boo!  I hope this fever breaks soon so he can start feeling better soon.

When we got back from picking everyone up from school the kids insisted on painting something.  They wanted to paint yesterday but only had time to play with play dough before Payton's dance class.  So I decided to kill two birds with one stone.  I had to pop popcorn for tomorrow's cub scout pinewood derby and needed to do it outside.  So they painted, Austin napped, and I popped popcorn.  I guess that would be three birds with one stone. :o)


We made a whole lot of popcorn for tomorrow.  The kids had fun sampling it.


Sometime between painting and popcorn Payton and Lincoln decided they were going to make a book.  So they started making all the pictures and then Payton wrote all the words.  It was funny listening to Lincoln saying what he wanted the page to say and Payton simplifying it to words she could spell.  Haha!  Really cute.

No comments: