Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Full Day

Boy oh boy today was a full day.

After sending Payton and Lincoln off to school, Austin and I headed to my friend Jessie's house for a short play date.  Jessie and I had a great visit and the boys played nicely.  It was so nice!

Every day while we wait for Payton to get out of school the boys play in the dirt.  They get it everywhere.  EVERYWHERE.  They dump in on their own heads.  Why? 


On our way out to the car, the kids always take the "Secret Passage Way" a little path behind a row of bushes.  Well, today the kids all went behind the bushes and when Payton got to the end she climbed this little tree and was so excited about it and asked me to take a picture.  While I was taking this little gem, little Austin who we always have to drag out from behind the bushes decided to turn around and go out the way he came in and then kept walking.  We couldn't find him anywhere, it happened so fast.  He was on the other side of the campus when we finally found him.  I kept telling myself to stay calm but the more time that went by the more helpless I felt.  In reality it was only a couple of minutes but it felt like so much longer.  I am so glad that we found him and that he was OK.


On Sunday, I went to our Stake Primary Training Meeting.  One of the speakers talked about visiting the less active members and also about how it may be a good idea to take something, anything, big or small.  She brought a homemade braided bread loaf as an example of something you could take.  She brought the recipe too.  I took a copy thinking maybe I would try it sometime but probably wouldn't because it looked to hard.  :o)

Well, I am going Visiting Teaching tomorrow morning and thought, "Why not?"  So I tried it and it actually turned out.  I am not sure how it tastes but it sure does look pretty.  So excited that it worked!  So excited!


After I was done putting the ingredients in the bread maker to make the dough.  I turned around and found that this precious little guy found the sprinkles and a bag of BIG marshmallows.  Haha!  Busted.



Lastly, I tried my hand at making sweet potato chips.  I thought they were pretty good.  The kids didn't.  Haha!  I think they really wanted to like them.  Oh well.

No comments: