Saturday, February 19, 2011

Heading to Truckee

Decided to head up to Truckee early this morning instead of last night because of the weather and all the road closures.  Dave wanted to leave by 5...we ended up getting on the freeway at around 6.  LOL 

We thought the kiddos would go back to sleep once in the car but that was not the case.  They were both wide awake and excited for the trip.

We didn't get very far before our happy car ride started to change.  We hit Pleasanton and Lincoln threw up.  Yuck!  I knew it.  We get the car seat with the cover that is not removable or machine washable and get a child the gets car sick.  Can I just say, "Dave I told you so!" :o)

Cleaned Linc up and started up again and about 20 miles down the road he throws up again.  EEWW!  This time I get chunks on me as I am cleaning him up.  I didn't gag or heave at all.  Yay me!  With Lincoln now in his 3rd outfit, we set out again.

Lincoln falls asleep.  Dave and I are relieved.  Hopefully we can gain some ground.  After all we have been on the road for about 2 1/2 hours and are no where close to Sacramento. 

To hurry this story along.  Lincoln woke up and threw up two more times on our journey.  I am starting to think he may just be sick and not have a problm with car sickness.

In the mean time, Payton is developing some nasty gunk in both her eyes.  Does she have pink eye?

We made it! Yahoo!

I have never seen so much snow in Truckee before.  The birms on the side of the road were higher than the car.  I am so glad they have great road clearing service up there holy cow!


Payton had been talking about playing in the snow for days.  I don't think she even went in the house before she was asking for her snow pants and boots.  She wanted to explore everywhere.  It was so cute.  I tried to follow behind her and Dave with Lincoln.  I took one step and was hip deap in snow.  Whoops!  Guess I did need those snow shoes.  :o)


The vacation has started, YAY!

No comments: