Saturday, February 12, 2011

Leadership Training

At the begining of this year I was called to be a counselor in the Primary Presidency in our ward.  I was and am very excited about this calling.  But boy oh boy do I have a lot to learn.  There are quite a few areas that I have absolutely no idea about cub scouts, acheivement day...  Yikes!  Where do I begin?

This morning I attended a leadership training at church.  I loved it.  It was so refreshing to be able to sit and focus all my attention on what was being taught instead of having my attention split between the message, Payton, and Lincoln.

The thing that stuck out the most was when they talked about spiritual deposits vs. withdrawls.  They probably didn't use those exact words but because I have been reading the Love and Logic parenting books and they talk about deposits vs. withdrawls...  I went away feeling that I have really got to step up my game and be making as many personal spiritual deposits as I can so that I can be a better leader, teacher, parent, spouse, etc...

No comments: