Saturday, March 19, 2011

Busy Day!

Happy Birthday Mom! 

My mother spent the day with my grandmother taking care of Payton, Lincoln, Caeden, and Maddix while eveyone else helped Jen and Anthony moved into their new place.  I imagine this was not exactly how my mother would have choosen to spend her birthday, but she did it graciously.  I know it wasn't easy on her especially with her recent injuries.  Thank you for all you do.  I hope the kiddos at least behaved themselves.  :o)

Yes, you did hear me right.  Jen and Anthony found a great place to live!  Yay!  It is a way cute house in an awesome neighborhood in Willow Glen.  The landlords have done a wonderful job keeping up this home and I am so excited that Jen and Anthony were able to find it.  I hope they have nothing but good experiences with this home.

After we got all of Jen and Anthony's things moved over to the house we stopped for a little birthday dinner for my mother.  Unfortuantely, she is very restricted in what she can eat so we couldn't really take her out for dinner.  She forsaw this and had prepared her own little meal in advance.  The rest of us got Hawiian BBQ take out.  Yummy!

After dinner my mom and grandma along with the kids wanted to see Jen and Anthony's new place so we all headed out for the showing.  Everyone loved the place and it was so cute to see how excited Caeden and Payton were with Caeden's new room.  We all visited for a little bit and headed home.  When we walked in we found a big puddle of water on the floor next to the dinning room slider door and water leaking in from the top of the door and through the molding.  Ahhh!  Maybe I should go back a little and explain that it had been raining ALL day.  We thought we had had this leak fixed...I guess not.  Dave spent 20 minutes out on a ladder in our atrium, in the rain.  He was soaked and not a happy camper when he came back in.  I guess we are back to square one.  Where is the water getting in?

No comments: