Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Breakfast

I was so excited when I got the text message from my friend Jessie asking if I had eaten breakfast yet and if I wanted to go out to breakfast to celebrate our birthdays, her birthday is on the 15th and mine is on the 16th.  Yes!  Yes! Yes!  I threw calorie counting to the wind and ate pancakes, eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns.  Yummy!  I am so glad she thought to ask.  It was a great start to my day and hopefully hers.  :o) 

I get these emails from HungryGirl.com.  They give ideas for low calorie meals as well as lower calorie options for your favorite foods.  It was here I found the low calorie pasta that I have grown to love.  Since I have been watching my calories I have been looking for a lower calorie peanut butter.  I love peanut butter and eat it often, I eat it on my pancakes, waffles, french toast, sandwiches, fruit, etc.  It just makes everything taste better. 

The other day I got an email from HungryGirl.com talking about peanut butter and bacon.  I was so excited.  They talked about two different brands of peanut butter that were around 50 calories per serving as compared to the usual 180 calories.  I was very excited but a little wary when I found out it was a powder that you add water to.  I found a store that carried it and thought it was worth a shot.  My first reaction is that it is not horrible.  I tried it on some toast.  I think I added too much water so I am interested to try it with less water added.  I am also interested to try it in a recipe.  Can you say peanut butter bars?  :o)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I loved it, too. :) Calories? What are those?

I'm glad you don't flat out hate the pb... I hoped it would work out for you. Either way, the outing was nice.