Thursday, November 11, 2010

Chiropractor

My back has been hurting for the past couple of months.  I hate to complain but it pretty much hurts all the time and pretty much everything I do gives me pain.  So I finally broke down and went to the Chiropractor.

I know that Chiropractic care has really helped me in the past but I HATE being "popped"...ehh...adjusted.

I really like the Chiropractor I am going to.  He is my parent's Chiropractor.  Very nice and very gentle when adjusts me.  The adjustments still hurt but they are helping to relieve the pain for a little while.

This last time I went he did two of my least favorite adjustments.  The one where the Chiropractor twits your top half back and your bottom half forward. Ouch!  And then the one where he has his hand on my back and then leans me back onto his hand and then pushes down.  Double Ouch!  The way his office is set up, the people waiting for their adjustments are in the same room as the person getting the adjustment.  There was a lady waiting that heard me say, "I hate that one" and she said, "There are worse..."  I thought to myself, "Bring it on, you have already done the two adjustments I hate most"  Well he ended up having to do one more adjustment, after he did it the lady said, "That was the one".  Ha! Ha!  I couldn't agree more, I didn't like that adjustment either.

So why do I keep going?  It has to help me feel better doesn't it?  I have only been twice, the Chiropractor said it could take a couple of weeks to a couple of months to get me straightened out.  I am hoping it will just be a couple of weeks.

No comments: