Monday, November 8, 2010

Rumba's Trip to the Vet

Rumba has been a little under the weather lately.  He normally weighs in at about 10 to 11 pounds and has been feeling a lot lighter lately.  I decided to take him into the vet just to get him checked out.

In 2006 Rumba got really sick.  He lost a bunch of weight and was just very sick.  At his lightest he was 7 lbs. 1 oz.  We almost lost him. 

A little nervous, I scheduled the appointment.  My mom came with me to help with Payton and Lincoln.  We walked into the office and the technician said, "So, he's aggressive?"  I said, "Wha?"  Thinking, "He is a teddy bear."  Then I looked down at he file and noticed there is CAUTION written in big red letters.  It all came back to me, he was a little out of sorts when he was so sick the last time... I held him through the whole examination.  He weighed in at 7 lbs. 5 1/2 oz.  Dr. Greg Martinez said he couldn't find anything seriously wrong with him and suggested that he might have IBS.

He suggested changing his food and look for food with no wheat or gluten.  Mentioned cooking it for him.  Ummm, we shall see how that goes.  For now he has gotten a can of tuna and some canned chicken.  All the kittys are loving it.  He seems to have perked up a little.  He is still so skinny!



No comments: