Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

We spent Thankgiving at Dave's parent's home and my family came too!  I just love holidays that involve lots and lots of food.  Well, I guess I should say I have a love/hate relationship with the holidays that involve lots and lots of food.  Ha!  Ha!
My sister, Jen and her husband, Anthony, decided to go to Tennessee for Thanksgiving this year and none of Dave's siblings were able to come besides Steven and Ashley.  My grandmother, Vella, and her friend Bob were also able to come.  It is too bad that we were missing so many of our family but at the same time it was so nice to be able to share Thanksgiving with both sides of our family.

Food.  Someone should warn you that when you combine the traditions of two families that there is a lot more of it.  LOL  Every Thanksgiving and Christmas since I have been out on my own I have been responsible for the Sweet Potato Casserole.  Yummy!  This year I also made the annual cheese log.  Yummy!  Yummy!  My mother made the comment that they were happy that they were passing on the family recipes and that she was just surprised they were being past to me...Well, maybe they didn't say it that way but that is what I remember.  :o)  I totally understand, my sister went to culinary school it would seem that she would be the person to take over all that stuff.  All I care about is that people like what I make.

One of the things I was so looking forward to was Michelle's cheesy potatoes.  I had been telling my parent's all about them.  Yummmm...I can just taste them.  When we were getting all the food out and ready to eat and I saw mashed potatoes...Where are the cheesy potatoes?  :(  I looked at Michelle and asked with tears in my eyes, "Cheesy Potatoes?"  To which she told me that they were a Christmas tradition.  Ah man!  At least I got my coconut cream pie.  :)



Lincoln took two steps.  Yup!  Took two steps, I pulled out the camera and he spent the rest of the evening sitting on his bum.  Ha! Ha!  I'll catch him doing it.  I will.

No comments: